Statement of Purpose

The purpose of this blog is to promote an awareness and understanding of painting and the artist's spirit. It simply reflects the artist's personal experience and is not affiliated nor does it represent any individual organization or entity. All work and text within is owned by the artist and is protected by copyright. Please ask permission to use images and text.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Recent Landscape en plein aire


Getting outside to paint en plein aire this summer has really been a challenge since the majority of this summer has been subject to much heavy rainfall. This piece was actually started on a misty rainy day and was worked on over a period of a few days. In the past my plein aire work was completed in one session however lately I have taken a different approach and have started to work on the same piece over a span of a few days. That means I start a picture and then return to the same site at the same time of day under the same lighting conditions until I consider the painting finished. This new approach has been beneficial for me because I have learned considerably more through intensive direct observation. I have also taken a new approach in modifying my palette in hopes to create more saturated naturalistic vibrant colors.

2 comments:

  1. Exelente blog!
    Felicitaciones.
    Lamento no saber inglés. Me gustaría saber inglés para interpretar todos las entradas.
    Saludos.
    Diego

    Great blog!
    Congratulations.
    I regret not knowing English. I would like to know English to interpret all the entries.
    Greetings.
    Diego

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Diego, Thank you so much for visiting my blog and thank you for your wonderful kinds words! Please do come back and visit!

    ReplyDelete